Have you ever seen a house left to the elements? The surrounding grass, shrubs, and vegetation take over the home very quickly erasing or overwriting all traces of human presence. If you still lived in the house, regular weeding and your presence would prevent this invasion. Without realizing though, another menace has probably invaded your home anyways. Toxins!
Toxins do not come announced into your home. They sneak in along with a myriad mix of products that you consider harmless. From your deodorant and room freshener to your furniture or insulation to keep your house warm, toxins make their way into your life. Some familiar sources include your cleaning detergent for clothes or dishes; your Teflon coated cooking vessels, shower curtains, low-cost furniture that may have reduced quality paint, glue or varnish, baby wipes, fabric softeners and even the color on your walls.
There is no easy way out. Even the fruits and vegetables that you eat today come with fertilizers and pesticides meant to ward off pests. They end up in your gut as harmful chemicals instead. Shrink wrap food, and the plastic can melt from the heat of the food and release toxic chemicals as can the plastic bottle you are drinking “clean” water from. It is easy to cave in and just give up.
What is shocking is that toxins have so invaded our habitat that we do not think anything of them anymore. What is worse is that mistakenly, in our effort to sanitize our homes, we end up using harsh chemicals to eliminate pathogens and bacteria. However, many bacteria are useful for you and removing them just reduces the biodiversity of bacteria in your body. The only real solution is to pay a lot of attention to what enters your home and why. Look for labels, read about the chemicals they contain the harmful effects it could have on humans. One by one, eliminate the ones that are killing you.